Sunday, March 7, 2010

Gods Post-it!

Wow! Once more, Wow! This is the new book I am reading! As you know when I workout I read. I have finished The Bema, which I still recommend and now I am on this this. This is a book about surviving the valleys in life and "dancing" through them, hence the title Dancing Bones. It is a very short book, easy reading that's applicable in everyday life! It's funny how God works, let me set the stage for you....

Today in church the sermon, in a nutshell, was about loving those that are hard to love, doing to others what is right even when it hurts because they've hurt you in someway. When I came home I ate lunch, talked with Danny for a while and then baked a pumpkin cake with cream cheese icing... which I baked because I am having many cravings for sweets and I am going to eat something sweet today. And no I am not pregnant. ha! So after a handful of jelly bellys while I was making the cake ( BTW 35 jelly bellys= 140 cal, no fat) I got upset with myself and forced myself to go work-out. Another side note I am so tired of working out and eating healthy and not seeing the results I want. Sick of it actually! ha! Yes yes, after this week my weigh in is at 146.0 that's 0.6 improvement from the last, and I feel like I am working so hard for such pathetic results. This weight loss stuff is too slow for my fast paced lifestyle. Here is the clincher, note how the last few sentences were all about what I am looking for and what I want to happen, well I, while working out had received a post-it from God!
Eye opener it was! I started where I last left off, here is the chapter title- Valley Fare: A Gourmet Treat. The chapter was about struggles in the valley with adapting to healthier lifestyle habits and when I finished it my post-it said: Pray longer, eat less. Scripture is the place to be for discipline. What also was on the post-it received while I was ellipticalling, (my word, it's OK, I made it up) was while I may not see number results which is what I (there it is again) want I have more energy, am sleeping better, and things are shifting because my clothes fit better! ha!
And it doesn't even stop there, I got 2 post-its this afternoon! While the message this morning emphasized people, my post-it added to the sermon , it said: Even when its rough, there is always tomorrow. Leading me to examine these questions. Am I judgemental? yes. Do I hold onto excess life luggage? yes. Does my attitude reflect that? yes. I need to really stop letting my or others circumstances get the best of me. I need to remind myself that each day is a new blessing to do something spectacular with. My prayer, encouraged by this book and my post-its, is too keep dancing through the valleys of life, Its okay to be a Valley Girl! It is so amazing how God uses the little things in life to send a post-it!


No comments:

Post a Comment