Thursday, January 28, 2010

150, 34, 36, 22, 10... and no I'm not talking football!

There is no way that can be right! The scale must be WRONG! Since October '09 I have gained 13lbs. Going from 138 to 151lbs, how could I have let this happen? Oh right I remember, McDonalds, Chick-Fil-A, the 2 week Cruise, SWEETS SWEETS and more SWEETS, the sweet tea I have become addicted too, and the soda that has finagled its way back into my life! Yup thats surely what did it! And the fact that my lifestyle has become fairly sedentary may have helped to pack on the pounds!

Well it is time for a change! New Career, new body! Then the new hairstyle, and new wardrobe, my favorites! But first I need to focus...

1/27/10. New elliptical in my home equipped with a great iFIT program designed to help me lose weight. The stats: Height 5'8" Weight 150.6lbs Waist 36 Chest 341/2 Thighs 22 Arms 10

The Plan: I have started using my elliptical program. I hope to use this daily to get into a routine, so far so good. I used the hiking mode and it was quite the workout this morning and I am proud of myself! I started reading this book The Bema, a gift from my aunt Jeannine many years ago. I am so empowered by the book that the workout goes smoothly and quick! I hold most of my weight at my midsection, so I have incorporated an idea from my best friend Rusty, crunches in increments. At the 15 minutes interval I do various crunches, 60 to be exact, to work all of my abdominal muscles. I repeat at my 30 minute mark and stretch to cool down. I feel great today after my workout and am excited to see what happens. This season instead of watching the biggest loser, I am going strive to live the biggest loser lifestyle.

So, this helps with the sedentary lifestyle portion of my problem! But what about the dieting? With my current schedule becoming more routine I am prayerfully wishing to eat more healthy. I am beginning to love fish , so if I can learn to cook it then this will be a great start adding this into my diet, Omega 3 baby, Omega 3! Also, I plan to increase my water consumption and cut back on fast food. My husband leaves this Sunday to go back offshore for 3 weeks, so I will begin to cut the fat and eat more health conscious then. I will not make him suffer the consequence of my habits while he is here and never gets to eat out! Portion size will also be something I need to control. I feel confident that I can overcome these pounds and get back to happy! And I am writing this so I have you to to hold me accountable!

Danny will be home in 3 weeks, it is at that time that we will take my measurements again and see how I am doing on the scale. I am hopeful in the elliptical program I am currently using. I have also looked in full proof alternate methods of helping me to regain my body back, like local boot camp sessions and /or the local Curves!

Please if you read this hold me accountable, I need to make a change, not only for outward appearance but for my physical health, and emotional health overall, I am tired all the time, tired of my clothes not fitting, tired of worrying about it, and just plain tired without energy! Pray for my journey....

Thoughts out for now...











No comments:

Post a Comment