A short story, while I was at the airport, Harrisburg int'l, which BTW is much easier then traveling to BWI, I talked with a father that was picking up his son who flew in from the Middle East to the States this morning and was coming home for 2 weeks. The excitement in this mans eyes was just pouring out! He hadn't seen his son in about 1 year. I couldn't Imagine.
I was so blessed to have this interaction, it really puts things into perspective the important things in life! I am thankful to the Lord that I see Danny as often as I do and that I know He watches over us all the time. A special prayer for this gentlemen and his son and family that they may cherish the time they have together while he is home. A special prayer also for my cousin who is also in the Middle East. Please keep and bring home all safely. Thank You for the everyday blessings I see and that I am free...

:) Amen to this... the time that our loved ones, both military and civilian get to spend at home is just ultra special and such a blessing!! And, I just wanted to also say...Thank you, thank you, thank you!! For using phrases like "middle east" while blogging, so many folks don't realize the importance of leaving details out of the public's eye when talking about our troops! :)
ReplyDelete