But seriously how do you view yourself?
I was out the other night with my Amma, to dinner, at Cracker Barrel, her favorite and we were in the rockers waiting to be seated. She said to me "Isn't it wild how everyone is looks different?" I responded," yes it is isn't it" See her question didn't floor me or take me by surprise, first of all it's Amma, nothing she says can take you off guard, but I have though about this so many times. Yes yes, I am an avid people watcher, my true profession. Ha! Don't worry I don't watch to judge or make fun, I watch to learn and respect each person as their own individual. Yes, I will admit, I have been that person to judge and will I do it again, probably so, I am human, a sinner, I am nowhere near perfect or will be in this lifetime. Praise God! But I truly feel that everyone has a specialness to them. A distinctiveness about them. And it is true, even if you are a twin, your other is not an exact replica of you. There is no one person like you. Take a minute to process this, isn't it amazing!
Sometimes I will look in the mirror, and whether I feel good or not so good about what is looking back at me, I will say "I am Julie, this is what I have to offer, this is who I am, I cannot be anyone else, nor can anyone else be me. I am perfect in God's eyes" While you may think this is corny sometimes it is just what I need to get through the day. Like the song by Kellie Pickler, Don't You Know You're Beautiful, don't you know your beautiful? Well you are! So be you, be different, be extraordinary, like you were made!

wow, I feel motivated after reading this. I needed this after my day.... thanks!
ReplyDeleteI feel motivated too, and encouraged! Great post, Julie! :)
ReplyDelete- Amanda (Klein) ;)