Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Musical Summons

-Hans Christian Andersen

Threw some chords together

the combination D-E-F

it's who I am, it's what I do

and I was gonna lay it down for you


Imagine a dirt road, full of potholes,

with a creek bank and some cain poles

catching channel cat


I'm coming out of my cage

and I've been doing just fine

gotta gotta be fine because I want it all


You spin my head right round right round

when you go down when you go down town


Its been the longest winter without you

you didn't know where to turn to

see somehow I can't forget you


We've had some fun, yes we've had our ups and downs

Been down that rock road

but here we are still around


I get up in the morning and I see you face girl

your looking so good everything's in place


I'm not surprised, not everything lasts

I've broken my heart so many times

I've stopped keeping track


I never knew there'd come a day

when I'd be saying to you

don't let this good love slip away


OHAH OHAH OHAH OHAH OHAH

why do fools fall in love

why do birds sing so gay


Don't wish it away

don't look at it like it's forever

between you and me I could honestly say

that things could only get better


I've been meaning to tell you

I've got this feeling that won't subside

I look at you and I fantasize


Ohhhohhh somethings gotta hold of me now

its a feeling burning like a log on fire


Do you recognize any of the songs in this compilation. These are verses on all of the songs on my newest CD Mix! Give it a go, see if you can figure it out! It's Thursday and it's fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment