Amazingly, I can relate to things not being as they appear! Take my weight for example- It appears to be higher then it was the day before. And my little Magnolia, she appears to be innocent, but the sun room is always a nightmare when I get home. The Hydrangea tree in my backyard appears to be beautiful, on the picture hanging off of it that is! Yeah totally dead. So much for my green thumb! So much for planting a tree for the environment!
Julie 1 Environment 0!
And you know what is really funny, is to admit, that while I may look like it's all together on the outside, it is not always true inside. Okay, most days I am put together and the inside reflects that, at least the emotional inside, eh- can't say much for the arteries, the fast food regimens in my life have probably taken a toll! Ha! But then you have days when being a girl is just rough! And if I were a boy it would be so much easier, yes I have said this on a bad day! A rough bad girl patch of days maybe. I love being a gal! It is the best! But the way girls are built emotionally is one of those "things aren't always as they appear" markers! Ha! It's the others see you as beautiful, you see you as ugly, others see you with a nice figure, you see you as fat, others see you with style, you see you as the gal with nothing in her closet to wear. Come on! You know this is true! Just admit it! Ha! So things aren't always as they appear, if there is just one you criticizing and a thousand others not, then cut yourself some slack!!
And I know the reality of it is that people are mean and words can be harsh. I have gained some weight over the past year and I hold it in my mid section, my clothes don't fit, I feel well yuck, and the kicker is multiple people ask me, are you pregnant? And what do you say to that? Well after I picked my chin up off the floor and fought back all of the tears, I just admitted- no I have just gained weight and smiled (thinking in my head please get away from me, NOW). And while that isn't mean or meant to be hurtful it can be, and it was to me. Someone who never had to worry about anything until one day, things just didn't fit anymore. For some it may also be different in that they feel beautiful and others judge them indirectly by staring, pointing, or laughing. Yes this too I have been a victim. I was a no one in school and was made fun of, a few close friends and that was it. Somewhere along the line I realized that acceptance by others was not what life as about. And people can just be mean because of their own insecurities. And believe me, I know. All the "hot" girls on TV, I always find a flaw. And why do I do that, because they have something I don't have or I can't do- like have blond hair! Ha! JK! You may feel like an old cracked sidewalk with the prestigious rubber paved sidewalk right next door, I know sometimes I do, but it doesn't matter. In all seriousness we are all different and have so much to offer as gals! A gift we have been given from above. Embrace what is yours and only yours, no one can take that away from you. Whether it is outer beauty or hidden inner beauty , it's yours, specially designed and hand crafted... imperfections and all, and remember things aren't always as they appear...

No comments:
Post a Comment