Saturday, May 1, 2010

Less is More


While I am completely embarrassed that I am posting this picture, in order to make my point I must! Meet our closet! A hot mess, that is, until, today! How I managed to have all of these clothes is beyond me. Now this isn't what the closet looks like everyday just so you know. It is only this rough during a crazy week and back from traveling and such! So yesterday enough is enough and clothes were stacked in piles for the community yard sale. Which I know there is one, but I don't know when, hmmm, may be a problem! Anyway after bags and bags were packed and the guest room closet organized with the remains from our master closet, I introduce.... drum roll please- Ha!



Ahh, so much nicer! I don't think danny has ever seen the floor of our closet! Ha! The poor guy has been living like a pauper with all of my clothes scattered and he had one small little area to himself. Still unhappy about the shelve clutter above the hanging pieces, but those are my track suits and work-out clothes, it's the only place for them!Ha! SO, what was I thinking! I have been going for a "less is more" feel in our home. Closet done, now moving on! Ha! Really though, when we bought the house I wanted everything perfect and in place, now that I look back over the last two years, it wasn't worth it! I should've slowed down and took a breath!
My advice with a new home, get it only when you know it's right. Don't rush to fill a space. And of course it isn't the bigger pieces that were the problem, it was this vase and this picture or this shower curtain. I pulled 4 shower curtains out for this yard sale that I have only used for month or two then got a new one that was the best fit for us! Our next home, no way, lesson learned!
And it's the same with all of these clothes and shoes and bags. Why Julie, Why? When Danny was home we were talking and it led him into taking me on a tour of my shoes in all of the places they are found in our house. Starting in the basement and moving onto the main level after 1 or 2 rooms I was so done! Yes, baby I got your point! Ha! And no wonder I drive myself crazy about what to wear, there is too much too choose from!!! I am definitely working on being more frugal when shopping and if there is any doubt, then i don't need it! All the gals out there, shopping, it's a curse! Beware!



No comments:

Post a Comment